1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dermatitis on face- skin related issues

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DianeRadvanski, Aug 3, 2016.

1. DianeRadvanski

DianeRadvanski New Member

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone has had success in improving skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis particularly of the face.

Do u recommend any creams or moisturizers? Face wash? I have seborrhea dermatitis of the face.

Is this TMS or an entity of its own?

Thanks!

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

My husband gets seborrhea dermatitis on his face too. He has had success with Paula's Choice BHA 2% skin perfecting salicylic acid toner. He uses it twice a day. He also cuts down on sugar and stress.

DianeRadvanski likes this.
  3. DianeRadvanski

DianeRadvanski New Member

Thanks so much! I appreciate your advice!

birdsetfree likes this.
  4. justmike

justmike Peer Supporter

I've had seborrhea dermatitis since I was a kid. If you're asking if it's TMS and should be treated as such (as in not treated medically), that's a good question. I've been treating mine with Desonide (mild corticosteroid) lotion since I was in my 30s. I'm 48 now.

I've tried not treating it and it can get pretty bad. I know it's worse when I'm under a lot of stress. Interestingly, it was almost nonexistent the whole time I was in the Army. Certainly, the Army could be stressful, but I also exercised a lot every day and was around some of the best friends I've ever had. The SD came back with a vengeance later after I'd been married a few years and was unhappy.

So maybe it's TMS. But I know if I don't treat mine these days, it'll get pretty nasty. I use the Desonide as needed. So there are times I don't use it.