1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Depression

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Markus, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

hen I first read Dr John Sarno's book,I hade this picture in my mind but the process would be a lot quicker, I have found out for myself that that is not going to be the case, I'm not saying it may take more than 3 months I'm just saying it's not going to be or come about by reading the book alone. I must confess if I'm allowed to on the forums but I feel very very depressed this afternoon over this and that might be a normal part of the healing process.

Mark.......

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

[QUO.TE="Markus, post: 43082, member: 3197"]hen I first read Dr John Sarno's book,I hade this picture in my mind but the process would be a lot quicker, I have found out for myself that that is not going to be the case, I'm not saying it may take more than 3 months I'm just saying it's not going to be or come about by reading the book alone. I must confess if I'm allowed to on the forums but I feel very very depressed this afternoon over this and that might be a normal part of the healing process.

Mark.......
    [/QUOTE]
    I'll reply to myself. I think it is Normal, depression or malaise is normal, and certain people or THINGS trigger it. So it's a new day, I'm carrying on.

Lizzy likes this.
  3. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

i think Depression - or at least a touch of it - is par for the course in TMS as dealing with the pain or other symptoms drains us both mentally and physically. Reading about people who got over their TMS quickly also leans on us if we haven't had that same experience.

Part of the normal healing process? Absolutely, yes.

Markus likes this.
  4. Markus

Markus Guest

It's as if I'm rebelling today! I'm trying to read, I'm trying to talk to the brain, nothing seems to be working!

M

5. Markus

Markus Guest

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Markus, pardon my French, but I say F depression.
    It's the easiest thing to get into a depressed mood.
    It takes courage and determination to fight it.
    Yes, it's wonderful for those who say they healed just from reading Dr. Sarno's book.
    That's like a miracle, believing that our pain is caused by TMS, and not needing anything more.
    No miracle happened to me, at age 82, but after a few weeks of TOTAL 100 percent belief in TMS,
    my severe back pain went away.

Depression comes from doubt. Doubt keeps us from healing.

I hope you will focus more or mainly on trusting in TMS to heal you.

Markus likes this.
  7. Markus

Markus Guest

Thanks for the wise advise Walt. I didn't think I was doubting but, who knows, I guess the symptoms are the same, fatigue, indifference, I've no energy but, I'll attempt re-arraging my thinking.

Mark