1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Depression Question

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by douggie, Dec 5, 2016.

1. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

have any of you overcome depression using the TMS approach?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Douggie. Depression is a very common symptom of TMS. I believe I was depressed when I had severe back pain, but knowing about TMS and journaling relieved the back pain and I do believe it lifted my spirits.

There are some very good videos on YouTube about dealing with depression. And if you do a Google search for depression you will see that just about everyone is depressed these days, for various reasons.

Maybe write down the reasons you are depressed and try to deal with those you can. Some are beyond our control and we just have to try to live with them. I had to put my darling dog to sleep four months ago and that was very depressing. I still miss her terribly but know I did the right thing to end her pain. I fight off that depression by remembering the wonderful times we had together. I have to do the same about family and friends who have passed.

I hope you can avoid taking any antidepressant medication. Drugs often just make it worse.