1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Depression, nausea

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by angelic333, Jul 22, 2014.

1. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

I believe in tms. I read The divided Mind several years ago because I had people in my life with chronic aches and pain, getting all kinds of treatments etc. It took a while for me to realize I suffered from it as well. Not with back pain, but with depression. I suffered from depression much of my life, different levels of it, took medicine for a while that didn't work, went to the psychiatrist, Counsellors, etc. Tried inner child work that was too uncomfortable to handle. And I felt like reaching out and soothing the wounded child was not authentic, that's not what really happened, can't change the past. I finally got out of depression by just deciding to not be depressed anymore. And it went away. So I just became nauseous all the time instead. I visited this chat room about a month ago and then again last weekend, to validate this is tms. I did an exercise/mediation on Sunday that I saw elsewhere on the internet, instead of "healing the inner child" release yourself from the fantasy about how you wish you life had been. It was a mediation to find that uncomfortable feeling, then write out your fantasy life, read it, honor it, burn it, bury, give it a funeral so to speak and then just be with what is. Sounded like a great idea. I buried the ashes among some pretty flowers, marked it with a stone and cried for a while, no nausea. Sadness but not the black hole of depression. It worked! Until yesterday when I was more nauseous than ever, cried and cried and never got out of bed.
    Now what? So here I am, starting this SEP PROGRAM. This isn't going to stop in a day just because I am releasing myself what never was.
    What would life without tms mean to me? Freedom. Energy. Motivation. Clear mind. Smell things without feeling sick. Right now it's like early pregnancy: nausea, fatigue. And no, I am not pregnant.
    I will do the steps. It know it's true. I will let it unfold .

2. leonvic13

leonvic13 New Member

Hello, I want to tell you it's difficult to have this condition in our life, but best of all, it has healing and lots of it of hanging ourselves, I tell you that I had severe back pain every day was worse, I began to read the book by Dr. Sarno, and helped me so much back pain is gone, but also it was felt a feeling strange on the part of the bladder, and it was the feeling of wanting to continually urinate, I am now working with this symptom, and I think I'm right, the first day he felt most of the day now feels less and less, too much depends on my mood.

angelic333 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, leonvic. I pee more often when I'm under stress. So mood does play a big part.
    I try deep breathing and distraction... take my mind off of negative thinking and replace it with happy thoughts.

4. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Thank you leonvic. As they are find of saying on this site... Have you had it evaluated medically? Often times low back pain and frequent urination is from a urinary tract infection. The deeper question is why is it happening?
    What is going on in your life?
    Mood has a great effect on our health.
    I am glad you are here.