1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dental pain, need advice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by osca aelius, Mar 3, 2018.

1. osca aelius

osca aelius Peer Supporter

Hello as some of you may know, previously i worried about my chest little pain sensations, and now i have another problem. I have teeth pain, but i cant describe the feelings i feel currently and feel confused. I want to go to the doctor, but because busy schedule, i cant check my teeth, i also worry if my docs suggest me to have unnecessary procedure like tooth filling or anything that cost me much money, as im still unemployed and dont want to rely on my parents money.

So here is the problem, i dont know the exact cause of the pain, sometimes the pain occur on upper right, sometimes on below right and left. Its like pain all over the teeth location. But the teeth pain isnt that bad, i can ignore it, it doesnt pain like how people who have toothache describe it, it doesnt sting so bad, its more like i obsess and focus on any little sensations on my teeth. What is more confusing is, it looks like i have little crack on both molars tooth looking at the mirror, but it doesnt hurt while EATING, my teeth have no problems and doesnt cause pain while pressured with the foods im chewing. I even intentionally test my teeth by biting a little bit stronger on foods, as to see if i have cavity, but the tooth is just fine and doesnt produce pain from biting food. I could even say sometimes the teeth pain could come while im not chewing, but when there is no food and i think about my teeth, i could feel the pain. I have had teeth sensitivity for a few years, and its not a problem as the teeth sensitivity isnt that bad, and i never give it a second thought and i will eat/drink cold/hot foods & water just fine only with little pain because i have little sensitivity, but now since i know about TMS little sensations on my teeths could alarmed me.

The pain also sometimes come and go, the time i focus and monitor the pain, the pain feels more real. If i focus on something else, i dont notice the little pain on my teeth. Although i should have been able to live my life and chill, since i read about tms everything in lifes just feel hard. I feel like i really need to get everything on my body checked even though i may not be necessary. Cost much money to get thorax radiology and ECG test, but the results is fine. It feels like i want to escape from my life and afraid i will develop pain or something worse in the future, now i cant even concentrate on anything and feel paralyzed inside.

Im in my 20, and i become unproductive with this and its so frustrating. I need to have a job and make my own money after graduating, take care of myself, but it just feels so hard. Even graduating from university is hard currently, seeing my conditions like this. I can feel TMS symptoms that can only be experienced by me like Jan said on this forum who is a beloved eagle. Just feels weird, if TMS is caused by repressed emotions, in my case its more like the pain caused me to have repressed emotions. Im aware im not angry or have other emotional distress anymore. I have become friend again with my ex after the break up that caused me to develop TMS. I have no hard feelings or resentment anymore on her, but TMS symptoms caused me to stress so much, not the other way around.

I need advice and guidance. The worst moment in my lifetime is when i develop anxiety disorders. But now i overcome it completely, and this TMS just come to my life and feels like the puzzle is more hard to solve. Anxiety&panic is nothing compared to TMS....

Sonic likes this.
  2. osca aelius

I fear my life, i feel like im going crazy and insane. I cant enjoy and live like this. This is horrible, i dont know what i fear, im obsessed, i dont know how to survive anymore :(

3. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

You sound like a classic Anxiety case and you are driving yourself crazy with the TMS theory which some have argued is what TMS is.

If you have beaten anxiety in the past, I would apply exactly the same method of how you beat it previously and not make it so difficult by getting bogged down by TMS theory.

Worrying/Fear =tension= symptoms.

"He slays one dragon only for its ugly head to reappear elsewhere next" which is Claire Weekes explanation for the crazy and horrible symptoms that pop up all over our body.

I know it can be patronising when people say "relax and quit worrying" but quiting worrying and start living is the key here. I've no idea what you do to relax or whatever. Try some Mindfulnes or listen/read to some thich nhat hanh or something along these lines.

A great way to stop focusing on symptoms and the body is getting out there and Volunteering in the local neighbourhood.

NameK likes this.
  4. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Listen to Claire Weekes, you can find her by googling. She will walk you through.
    Lizzy

6. osca aelius

Yes, im really familiar with claire weekes teaching as i said im an ex anxiety sufferer. But anxiety symptoms is so predictable and logical, i can overcome it by stopping the fear cycle. But for tms its different, tms has like unlimited symptoms that is unique to each person who suffer from it. Its so hard to treat tms as how i treat anxiety. Not only tms could cause physical pain, but it could also cause me to have OCD, and any other weird feelings. Im puzzled and dont know what to do and how to treat this. Currently i also have many unique symptoms that is hard to describe on this forum. I dont have the money to get everything checked everytime i get new symptoms that could worry me. :(

7. osca aelius

Currently feel paralyzed. Cant think clearly, mind is so muddy, i dont know what i fear, dont know where im going. This is crazy, i have some assignment to be done, but my brain cant concentrate and focus on anything. This is so scary, i dont know what to do anymore sigh...

8. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Even though you feel pain and different symptoms, it is from the fear in your brain.
    Your mind is on a circular race track right now building up fear "what if this". "what if that" thoughts, one after another.

This is the reality: The teeth have nerves. You are afraid. Your mind is sending signals to your "nerves" to be hyper-sensitive.

Each of your physical issues that come and go is from your thought process that is creating more fear.
    Your mind takes your thoughts and finds something else to be afraid of in your body. This can happen to everyone.

Right now, you are torturing your own young mind by your own thinking.
    Step away from this bad habit while you are young. It is a bad habit.
    You can slowly replace a bad habit by retraining your thinking.

Instead of indulging your fear thoughts, tell yourself: For the next ten minutes, I'm going to take a walk and notice EVERYTHING outside of me: other people, the sky, the way the sidewalk looks, whatever is around.
    Tell yourself what you like. Such as, "I like the color of her hair. I like the way that cloud is moving. I like the funny bumpersticker."
    After 10 minutes, check in and see how you feel. Tell yourself: "I am safe. I can figure out whatever I need to do, one small step at a time."

See how you feel physically. If it's a little better, decide that you're going to go another 10 minutes without thinking about your body.

Do this as often as you can until you start to shift the habit of continuous worry about your body into checking into your heart to see what is around you that you like and appreciate.

You can do this.

Marcia

iwire and Lizzy like this.
  9. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

How are you getting on Osca?

10. osca aelius

Hello Sonic. A few days ago just get myself checked to dentist. Dentist checked and only found 1 tooth cavity on my upper left tooth. He gave me option if i want to do tooth filling or not, since it doesnt hurt while eating but he suggested me to do tooth filling before it gets worse, and i just follow him. He doesnt detect anything serious with my teeth. It truly feels like my dental pain is TMS. I also said i have some teeth sensitivity, and he said its normal, that most people have some sensitive teeth on hot/cold drink/foods, as long as its not that bad, its fine. I realized i have always had little sensitivity pain after drinking cold or eating ice cream, but i dont obsess about it, not like when i have TMS, every little pain cause me to be alarmed.

I dont know the procedure of dentist check up, he only check it by seeing my teeth with light and having steel on his hands to look at my teeth better, and he conclude that the teeth is fine. My brain can play trick on me and say things like the dentist hadnt checked my teeth correctly and i may have some undetected teeth problem, but i just shrug it off and live my life. I begin to see the TMS trick now and i dont fear the obsession anymore, i try not to fear the pain and let it be.

Btw, thank you for your attention sonic, really appreciate it :)

Lizzy likes this.
  11. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

That's good to hear Oscar and I can tell by your post that you are less worried. Worrying makes us sick.

Remember there's a good community here if the worry overwhelmes you again and you need to get it off your chest.

Lizzy likes this.
  12. OliviaBlake

OliviaBlake Newcomer

When I had a similar problem like yours, my wisdom teeth just started to grow and because of them there was an incomprehensible pain in the mouth. The teeth themselves did not hurt and when I ate too, but when I just sit, they start to hurt. After a while, the pain itself disappeared because the wisdom teeth stopped growing or simply stopped hurting me. Perhaps you have the same thing because wisdom teeth grow from 14-25 years old.