eskimoeskimo
Well known member
Hi All,
I've known about TMS for 2+ years, read all the Sarno books plus Steve O's and Amir's and Unlearn etc etc, done the SEP, journaled and journaled, talked to a TMS therapist a dozen times, I check the forum frequently, exercise regularly, read "outcome independence" over and over, watched all the sarno related youtubes, listened to healing back pain on tape, daily meditation, tried adjusting my amount of effort up and down and...
My neck hurts as much or more than ever, and I spend 99% of the day thinking about it, and I'm completely afraid. I go back to my ' personal evidence for TMS' list over and over, but the lack of progress inevitably has "This is bullshit" ping ponging around my head frequently. I've had no major successes or periods of relief along the way.
The thing is, I feel quite convinced that it's not structural, but caused by emotion/tension/repressed anger and sadness. And that's supposed to be the treatment right? Believing that? But, even though I don't think it's structural, I'm still terrified of it. It's been ruining my life, I'm not convinced that it will ever go away, so I'm still terrified.
I'm just lost in this treatment, not even sure what to try any more. And this isn't the first time I've come to this forum with essentially exactly this message, but here's to another try. Any tips?
Thanks
I've known about TMS for 2+ years, read all the Sarno books plus Steve O's and Amir's and Unlearn etc etc, done the SEP, journaled and journaled, talked to a TMS therapist a dozen times, I check the forum frequently, exercise regularly, read "outcome independence" over and over, watched all the sarno related youtubes, listened to healing back pain on tape, daily meditation, tried adjusting my amount of effort up and down and...
My neck hurts as much or more than ever, and I spend 99% of the day thinking about it, and I'm completely afraid. I go back to my ' personal evidence for TMS' list over and over, but the lack of progress inevitably has "This is bullshit" ping ponging around my head frequently. I've had no major successes or periods of relief along the way.
The thing is, I feel quite convinced that it's not structural, but caused by emotion/tension/repressed anger and sadness. And that's supposed to be the treatment right? Believing that? But, even though I don't think it's structural, I'm still terrified of it. It's been ruining my life, I'm not convinced that it will ever go away, so I'm still terrified.
I'm just lost in this treatment, not even sure what to try any more. And this isn't the first time I've come to this forum with essentially exactly this message, but here's to another try. Any tips?
Thanks