1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Decrease in sexual performance

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mindfulliving, May 28, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you my friend, its true a positive feeling is a thousand times stronger than a negative thought or fear.
    YOU are the creator of your happiness and your day thus your every need with the power of your thoughts -- Never forget that power....
    Bless you

2. mindfulliving

mindfulliving Peer Supporter

Hi all...things were very good yesterday night...had perfect sexual function and was intimate with my wife...i thought my issues were behind me...

I had the libido of a 16 year old again...but it didnt last very wrong

Until today i got struck with a genius idea...i pleasured myself to orgasm...right after that i felt guilt...extreme guilt as to why i didnt save it for my wife....as well as was anxious to see if i could still get it up...and boom the symptom hit again....weaker erections...

Qhat i did to get better earlier was just get on with my life and try my best to feel emotions...thats it...accept every negative thought and emotion...hopfully this is temporary and i'm back to normal within a day or two

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

You know the answers my friend, when you give in to thoughts of doubt, well it grabs you and holds you back.Practice each time these thoughts come on you feeling them but also remember to re-frame them to a better thought ok.

I want to add a quote I read from a member here named sparkle -

Quote) - ultimately we choose our reactions. (Not that we might not have been influenced in certain, sometimes overwhelmingly strong, ways. It's not what happens to us, but the story or meaning we make out of it, that gives rise to our reaction. So many examples abound of how our perceptions are choices and our reactions too are choices we make, consciously or non-consciously

Bless you

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. mindfulliving

Hi eric...thank u again...i have been doing much better for the past 3 days...my symptoms have pretty much left me...just feel slightly lethargic but that is normal ;)....all in all feeling much happier and better....thank you so much for the help....i know i can count on the wiki and you to guide me...thank you eric

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Mindfulliving...

I recently read a quote by Joyce Brothers, the advice woman, and she said
    "The best proof of love is trust."

My stepfather was incredibly jealous of anyone giving attention to my mother. That made us all sick.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you my friend, I am so glad you are doing better. That is our goal here, to help you get better -- sometimes all we need is a reminder and a voice and heart behind that reminder. You're a great person with a great heart and I'll always be here for you my friend as others will be too.
    Bless You

7. mindfulliving

Hi folks looks like i jinxed it...after about a week of extremely good sexual function....having problems all of a sudden again...

Im worried whether this problem may be physical and not tms....thats the biggest worry for me right now

8. mindfulliving

Because ive not heard many references for ED being tms....i'm not sure if dr sarno ever mentions it

9. mindfulliving

Doing much better guys...thank you...going up and down...i think im about to beat this...it is 100% tms

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes, now your back on a roll, loose the fear thoughts and focus on the outcome you want, not what you don't want ok. You give power to the emotion and thoughts you focus on. Think on the good thoughts only and the psychological thoughts only and you will create positive emotions. You are the creator of your emotions and feelings in your body by your thoughts -- now give yourself a well deserved time for compassion and peace, self control and hope and never entertain those fears cause you are the captain of your ship. Bless You
    :)

mindfulliving likes this.
  11. mindfulliving

Thank you ERIC!

12. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

"...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them" Dr. Sarno

13. mindfulliving

THAT IS THE EXACT QUOTE THAT CONVINCED ME 100%....dr. John e. Sarno is truly a blessed man...his words have the power to make us believe...and thus putting us on the right path to healing.....thank you guys....it gets tough sometimes but thank you for your support as you guys give me confidence and belief which aids in healing...thank you