1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Deconditioning doubts

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by filipe, Sep 26, 2015.

1. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

Hi,

One activity I never goyt able to deconditioning was resuming physical work out (working out with dumbells, doing push.ups, etc, was what made me into TMS). I try it and now I'm in great pain. I'm having a relapse. My whole body burns...

I also loose the ability to do other previous pinful tasks such as typing on a keyboard, riding my bike, that I manage to overcome.

Can someone please explain me why is this happening? How can I at least resume the activities I conquered in the past?

Should I nsist on working out?

Thanks,

Filipe

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I would continue to work out set smalls goals to begin our little inner child does not like when we set them…and when you accomplish a goal award that little guy…by working out you tell your brain a little at a time that you are good. Also I am saying this figuring you have been cleared by your Dr.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Filipe. I agree with Marco... do a little activity at a time and it will help you to build confidence. You just think you can't ride your bike or typing or do other activities... Try doing them a little at a time, to gain confidence. Get confidence by telling yourself "I can do anything I set my mind to do it."

filipe likes this.
  4. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

Thank you guys for replying :)

My pain is now wide spread... It is difficult to think things clearly when you are in so much pain.

I got cured from 4 yeatrs of pain, because I manage to shift my attention into something I loved doing. It is difficult to this now, because I need the help of my wife, which is sick. I never faced my fears, instead I tried to Forget it, to the point I got obsess with my hobby.

I think my obsessive and histerical personality is doing all this. I'm so afraid... I guess i suffer from PTSD

Thanks, and do comment... I'm alone
    Filipe

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, again Filipe. Be asssured, friend, you are not alone. I think most people are suffering from back, knee, hip, or other pain, including anxiety, because we are living in such a stressful time. I read that the Japanese are really uptight because they have shifted from an agrarian, small town existence, to living and working in big cities, mostly living in highrise apartment buldings instead of in single-family homes in the country. They are learning to live in a more stressful world. So are we.

The Pope's visit to America reminds us to ask for God's help in healing and dealing with our stresses and fears. With God, we are never alone. The Holy Spirit is within each of us, to give us strength. I will add you and your wife to my prayers and hope you will add me to yours. We will heal together.

filipe likes this.