1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with pain for 7 years, at the end of my rope

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by grock23, Feb 15, 2017.

1. grock23

grock23 New Member

Hello everyone. 7 years ago I hurt my back and never recovered. All of the diagnoses and treatmets never led any where. In 2014, after I got hit my a drunk driver, I discorved Dr. Sarno. So for and 2 and half years I have been trying the methods he recomends. I even found a TMS therapist that I did for almost 8 months. I did not even get one second respite. I can't keep going like this. I have been having very dark thoughts lately. I feel like I am at the end of my tolerance for this. I would appreciate any advice or info. Thanks.

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey sweetie,

It sounds like you are experiencing the TMS impasse which is the point where the pure Sarno recommendations of therapy, journalling and suchlike are not only not working but edging you towards an abyss (because you get stuck in emotional quicksand). I spent a long and wretched time on the brink of that hell so I completely understand.

When Sarno was writing neuroscience was in its infancy and neuropsychology was but a glint in the eye. We have come a long way since then and there are many people who understand that pain has its life in the invisible hydrae of nerves and that this can be changed and used for the good.

Please take a look at this thread and especially note my later comments where I describe steps 1-4 (step 4 is towards the end).

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/do-some-never-heal.14869/ (Do some never heal)

Plum x

MWsunin12 likes this.
  3. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Just the fact that you were hit by a drunk driver could cause years of rage. I'm sorry this happened to you. I know there isn't really a resolution to being hit by a drunk stranger, but I hope you could go beyond a TMS therapist and talk to someone who can understand and help you through that very specific thing. Maybe someone on here has a suggestion. I just wanted to say that people on this forum can sympathize and empathize with you.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Have you seen a TMS physician?

5. grock23

grock23 New Member

Just a therapist

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

An orthodox Sarno approach did not work 100% for me either. But I found that teachings of Dr. Weekes gave me an explanation of my problems. I also found Buddhist somatic meditation making a lot of sense and it made a difference. I am now about 50-70% recovered, depending on whether it is a good day or a bad day.

7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

See a TMS physician for an objective work-up. There's a list of them here at this site.