1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Days going so fast!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Judy66, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Judy66

Judy66 New Member

This programme has been my lifeline and I've made lots of process emotionally, and the pain varies a lot which I see as a positive sign. I discovered lots of anger about my partner cutting dead important parts of my life, like my work and my professional writing, and it's felt good to acknowledge just how angry I've been. But now, exploring personality more I understand that I've lacked the courage to speak honestly about these things and have been lacking self confidence a bit myself in what I do in my work. It was easier to feel 100% victim than face my own fears. Both were true - my partner's refusal to see other successful sides of me AND my own lack of self valuing. Such useful insights. The programme rushes on - already I'm getting nervous about the end coming too soon! I know- just another fear that I'll deal with when the time comes ...

2. kyrani99

kyrani99 Peer Supporter

If you have felt anger then the issue is injustice /violation. You say your partner refuses to see the successful sides of you. So the criticism of your partner is unjust and may be based on jealousy. This justifiably causes anger. But as you acknowledge that your work and writing are good so you can affirm your successful side, affirm your self-worth and have self-confidence AND don't need to feel angry anymore because the criticism only reinforces that you are worthy and valuable. Every cloud has a silver lining.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Judy66. Kyran is right that you do not need to feel angry because of criticism or your partner's inability to see your successful side. Maybe your partner is jealous of that, as Kyran says. Partners ought to be supportive, but yours may have some problem dealing with his/her own self worth. Take your time, give your partner longer time and see how it goes. Meanwhile, think higher of yourself. You deserve it.

Even after you finish the SEProgram, it can be good to stay in it, maybe going back to the beginning or skipping around some days. We all have a lot to learn about ourselves in doing the program. You would not be the first to do the program a second time.

Keep doing well and enjoy life each day.