1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 30 Days 30-31 - Some Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MusicMan11, Aug 4, 2018.

1. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

I was able to make some good progress today.

This morning (Saturday) it was pouring rain here and I had no plans. Normally I have been waking up on weekends with this churning stomach feeling that sends me in a very anxious/antsy mode looking for something to do/distract me.

However, today I faced those fears and let my dog out and decided, I want to go back to bed for a bit. I laid down until 8:45 (the longest I have laid down in a while) then got up, make some coffee/breakfast and actually was able to relax all morning/most of the afternoon before I decided to go for a run in gross humidity (another fear I faced today). There were points where I felt the racing heart/churning stomach feeling, but I didn't let it bother me and just sat with it as it passed. It was nice.

I'm still working through overcoming fear of this chronic sinusitis/headache/post-nasal drip symptoms but I feel as if I am slowly making progress. There are moments where I go down rabbit holes of negative thinking/fear but I have been doing a type of "noting" technique where if I catch myself starting negative thinking I just say "nope, negative thoughts" and picture myself just "swatting" them away.

Also, during my "me" time today I've been watching the latest season of "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix and... DR. SARNO IS MENTIONED! *Spoiler* There is actually a storyline where one inmates back starts hurting so bad due to the stress she is feeling of selling another inmate out to investigators.

I was watching and like, whoa no way! Not in mainstream media!