1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Days 3 to 8 - all combined!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Skeleton Bob, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Hi,

I probably should have done separate posts for days 3 to 8, but instead it's one post. I have still been following the SEP, and going through each day, one day at a time.

Too be honest, after I completed day two and wrote a post about it, I had a lot of wrist pain from using the computer. So I had a break from typing. It makes me think, maybe my brain gave me wrist pain to stop me getting to the bottom of my repressed emotions. I have had wrist pain for a long time though, so I'm not really sure what to think!

Day three - I read through everything and started I started my list of past events.

Day four - See above, but I added more to my lists

Day five - I have started journaling, I wish there was an example I could look at, to see if what I'm doing is on the right lines. I have started writing about past events which triggered strong emotions.

Day Six - The "How do I journal" page is helpful, but I'm still not 100% sure if I am doing it right! I do feel like I'm making a little bit of progress. It does help me writing down thoughts. Sometimes I find to difficult to resolve problems in my head, but once I write them down and it helps a lot.

Day Seven - Day off!

Day Eight - I just wrote an unsent letter to someone, and I feel like it has helped me. Once I got going, it wasn't easy to stop. Writing things definitely helps me come to conclusions better, than trying to think things through.

plum and georgethee like this.
  2. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Progress is good!
    My journaling is very simple, I pick something from the list and start typing. Sometimes it doens't make sense, sometimes its just jibberish. Something happend this week, I got me angry and got some anxiety coming up and wrote it down. Journaling gets better over time.
    Don't overthink it, that might trigger stress ;). Don't put a timeframe on healing you're on your way into healing and it doens't matter how long it will take.

Goodluck

plum likes this.
  3. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Thank you for replying. I just need to stick at journaling. Sometimes it is difficult to start, but when I get going it's ok.

Do you think anxiety can make TMS pain worse? I do tend to get quite anxious!

Thanks for the advice on putting a timeframe on healing. I don't really have a set timeframe, some days I will take even a small improvement.

4. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Anxiety, stress and fear makes any pain or symptom worse. Google is my worst enemy, it made me a borderline hypochondriac.