1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

DAy3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by patrickelvin, Apr 8, 2015.

1. patrickelvin

patrickelvin New Member

DAY 3

I am to talk aboout exercise on day 3 of SEP

I am a hiker and have been plagued by sciatica for two year s , read Sarno 10 days ago and accept it is TMS , felt immediately better stopped taking painkillers and continued hiking , but I am still getting pain in the same places after an hour or so . For example yesteerday I walked 4 hours and really suffered towards the end .
    I am off on a 12 day hike tomorrow . I want to do it without pain kilers but it s come a bit early in my SEP just day 3 ,

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You will learn so many tools to help you manage your pain. Sciatica is very painful. Talk back to it. Tell it...I don't care what you do I am not stopping. Keep talking to it.... just stop it....I am not stopping my hike.

Focus on your thoughts. Talk to yourself. ..I am good enough. I don't have to be perfect. If feeling guilty recognize those thoughts. They are related to not feeling like you are perfect. Shake them off realizing they are perfectly normal thoughts.

The number one goal of TMS is to keep you from doing physical activity.

You can do it.

Ellen likes this.
  3. patrickelvin

patrickelvin New Member

Thanks Stellar

you are inspirational and coming with your own traumatic esperiences it will be extra affective for me .

Great to have you read my post knowing someone is supporting me

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Patrick,
    Yes, I have used talk to good effect also. I say "stop the foot pain, I am willing to feel my emotions!" I went from crutches and wheelchairs to mountaineering again. Keep up the good work, and enjoy your hike!!
    Andy B.