1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day2 - seek advice

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mariam, May 23, 2017.

1. mariam

mariam New Member

I felt pain in my lower back after i trained in the gym. It has been 4 months since I diagnosed with 2 bulging disc with annular tear. I am not sure my lower back pain related to TMS or inflammation or bulging disc . I used to train 4 days per week strength training. I tried from couple of days ago to do some squat with bar, Unfortunately the pain increased but few days later the pain back to the same level I used to have, I am worry to try again and hurt my back more or pain increase.

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi mariam,

Welcome to the forums! Bulging discs and annular tears are well known to be TMS. If there was any inflammation from an acute back injury, it will have healed within a few weeks of the incident. At 4 months distance any residual pain will be TMS related. I recommend gradually increasing your activity, not all at once, and working through the SEP and doing TMS readings to more fully develop your understanding of it. You need to have confidence that there is nothing wrong with your back!

mariam likes this.
  3. mariam

mariam New Member

Hi,

Thanks alot for replying back :) anf for your advice and support . I will follow it and I will train gradually and be more confident nothing is wrong with my back.

MindBodyPT likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marian. I agree with MindbodyPT to keep exercising. Strength training may be too much right now, because you need to focus on the emotions that are causing your pain. Journaling helped me recover from severe back pain. I realized I had been repressing anger and other emotions since I was 7 when my parents divorced. It left me with feelings of rejection and insecurity. Journaling helped to realize my parents had their own TMS pain.

You might try some exercise videos in YouTube that you can do at home.

You might also read Steve Ozanich's book, The Great Pain Deception. He tells how he was in a pain but kept playing golf while at the same time journaling about his anger because of a doctor botching his wife's operation. His pains went away but it didn't happen overnight. I found that my journey in TMS healing led me to understand myself better. I strongly believe you will feel the same rewards.

mariam likes this.
  5. mariam

mariam New Member

Hi Walt,

Thanks for support and advises. I started writing my journal. I have to admit it's not easy to find the hidden emotions for me but I will keep writing and trying. I am considering also to buy the book you recommend it by Steve.
    I am trying to train gradually especially when it come to the lower body exercise because my mind is connected that to back injury .I want to break the connection between the pain and lower body training.

It feel good to have support :)

Mariam.

6. Betsy4ever

Betsy4ever New Member

Hi Mariam, go slow with the exercise and as soon you get in rhythm back to normal. Bulging discs and annular tears are definitely TMS related and emotions are the key to control it. Hopefully things will be back to normal for you soon..

mariam likes this.
  7. mariam

mariam New Member

Thanks alot :)