1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day Uno

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Velvet_Hidden, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

I'm staring Day one of the educational program. Last week (Dec 26th, 2016) I discovered condition of TSM after browsing the web and coming across of youtube video of a gentlemen speaking about his chronic neck/back/pelvic issues and what he did to over come them. He mentioned he read Dr. John E. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain The Mind-Body Connection" and spoke on how Dr. Sarno believed the symptoms of low back pain etc can sometimes be brought on by rage and repressed anger in the unconscious mind. Hearing how the gentlemen in the video shared his stories of visiting expert after expert for his pain before discovering he had TSM, really hit home for me. A lot of his story mirrored mine in the sense that I started experiencing low back pain out of no where two years ago, that left me limping. I too went to expert after expert to see what exactly could have been the source of the pain in my left knee, leg, back, elbow, shoulder, neck and later teeth. The gentlemen sharing his story also mentioned how shifting the focus from your body to your mind helps in getting rid of the pain TMS can cause. To my avail as I was listening and started believing and self diagnosing my self with TMS I notice the pain in my elbow/shoulder started to subside. After I watched the 7 video playlist on youtube I went directly to the 20/20 special on Dr. Sarno and was certain I had TSM based on what I saw and heard. I immediately went to Amazon and had Dr. Sarno's book, "Healing Back Pain The Mind-Body Connection" rushed delivered to my home. I also had his DVD rush delivered as well. I read and watched both repeatedly since. Over the past week I saw a lot of vanishing of pain in my left, knee,leg/low back/elbow.shoulder/ neck and even teeth. Which ever more makes it certain for me that I've been dealing with TSM. Now that I know what is really going on, I intend to follow the program to regain my confidence back in the life that I lived before I started experiencing pain! With all that said I want to thank anyone who had taken the time to read my post, I also want to wish other starting off best wishes!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Velvet_Hidden. Welcome to this friendly and helpful community. You are at the start of a fantastic journey into being pain-free and happy. Some people post a reply every day in the SEProgram, but don't feel you have to do that. The important thing is, you do each day's exercise. Good luck as you progress in this new year.

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Great first post, Velvet, and welcome! You've given yourself a fabulous present for the New Year.

~Jan

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  4. Velvet_Hidden

Hello and Thx for the warm greeting, I appreciate your kind words!

5. Velvet_Hidden

Thx for taking the time out of your day to read my first post :) Your words are very reminiscent of a close friend of mine who said, I can rebuild a new and body and mind for the New Year :) I most certainly intend to do so :) thx again

JanAtheCPA likes this.