1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Day two

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Jul 23, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Wow day two has alot of information to read. It might be good to take it slow as too much info is frustrating to me. Three things that make me angry
    1. pain
    2. fear of pain from activities
    3. fear of my symptoms never ending
    well.....that seems logical for anyone with tms but maybe it's too simple of a list so here is another
    1. feeling like i'm being limited in my ability to do the things i want to. Not just physically but emotionally. I don't like the pressures of adulthood. Obviously we're all unhappy about responsibility but maybe i've been repressing the fact that i don't like all the responsibility. I think it's abnormal to be so childish about growing up.
    2. I'm angry that i'm wasting all this time on my symptoms and not pursuing the things that i love and things that i would consider successful. It's very aggravating to waste two good years worrying and not living. I might as well of been in a prison because i'm not living in the free world.
    3. My anxiety, i have terrible anxiety and panic attacks. They get worse and now i'm afraid to leave the house sometimes. I can't go places that i enjoy because i'm afraid and i don't do much anymore because of it.

three things that make me feel sad.
    1. My father passed away april the 3rd. That was a very emotional time for me and my family. I'm sad to admit i was in alot of physical pain at the time of his death and the funeral and probably spent more time focusing on that than the situation.
    2. That i don't enjoy life as much anymore. Mortality has finally become apparent to me and i don't feel as free as i did in my adolescence. I don't feel intelligent, i don't feel as inspired, i don't feel as significant.
    3. Some things that make me angry also make me sad. Like having to give up so much that i love. I love music and i hated giving that up and now even though i can write alittle more i feel uninspired to write much. I just feel tired of typing right now. No more TMS stuff for the day. I think this is enough.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015