1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Day Three

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Jul 24, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?The last time i exercised was a few days ago. I went jogging and did some very slight weight lifting. Physically it didn't make me feel that great not because it hurt or anything but because it was very hot outside and i felt winded. Emotionally it got me down a little bit because activity seems to really aggravate my hand tremors and i don't like feeling like i have little control over my hands some days. I know that there have been some people that have some hand tremors in their TMS struggle but i'm not sure if my TMS is related to the tremors. I hope it is but who knows might be something like essential tremor or something. I didn't notice any tremor til after the pain started so either it's related to TMS or i just have bad luck.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jwiles. Looks to me like you still worry that your symptoms, such as hand tremors, are caused by something structural and not by TMS emotions.
    I hope you will work on believing 100 percent in TMS. The more you think the tremors are structural, the longer you'll have them. It is pure TMS.

You don't have bad luck. That's negative thinking. Think positive and try to laugh off any pain. Do what exercise you can and ignore any pain.]That's what the great TMS healer Steve Ozanich suggests in his book, The Great Pain Deception.

jwiles likes this.
  3. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

i appreciate your advice. I really do still focus on my symptoms even though the pain isn't as severe. I guess my mind needed a new distraction and it found one. I will continue the good fight and i'll win. I think somedays i just need a reminder that it's still TMS