1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day three

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 18, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, today I walked 4.5 miles with my husband, but probably monitored my lower back and hip too much. I realised though my worst fear of exercise had to do with bending down, and doing what I love...gardening. So I gave it a go and weeded my veg patch (which was a disgrace) for an hour....A-OK, though I was anxious about it. It felt good to kneel down and work, though I was ant stung...no biggie. My back pain lifted...just melted away. Wow. I suppose after a couple months of no bending down or kneeling, those poor muscles were stiff as heck no? Relief!

As far as the things that are past events...well, my brother cheated me out of my inheritance from my dad, and I have not spoken to him for five years...I would have to sue him, and as I am abroad, it makes it difficult. i also am cut off my my only niece and nephew, and that is hard as I do not have kids. My husband has encouraged me throughout the years to go for it, as has an attorney who thinks it is an open and shut case. I thought it was sad my brother cared more about money, as he is fairly wealthy small business owner anyhow, and regards what I do for a living ...academics....with contempt, and has belittled me too. Reopening these feelings has been pretty awful. I am realising how much bad treatment I have put up with for a long time.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet, Your brother sounds like a jerk, but he may be jealous of you because you chose an occupation that helps people and he may feel like he's copped out, being a small business owner just for the money. I think we are supposed to do something meaningful with our lives, helping others in any way we can. You're doing that in academics.

I can't advise about suing your brother but it does sound like it's a major worry of yours, which is only natural. It's no fun to be cheated as you have.
    If suing can be done with a minimum of time, travel, and money on your part, it might be worth doing, to get it off your mind. If not, try to forget it.
    Ask the Lord to forgive him. And count your other blessings.

3. abuglet

abuglet New Member

Thank you for this. I suppose I did not realise sometimes all the emotions I had stuffed down for a long time. I suppose that TMS is a gift in that it teaches me to confront my worst fears, and do what I need to do anyway. And it taught me to notice and have gratitude for the good things in my life. I still have a ways to go, particularly in conquering anxiety about the future, but oh Sarno's books have been godsends.