1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day three - spending time with one of the biggest stressors:-)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by optimistic believer, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ... my mom. after a very unhappy childhood full of aggression and violence, and a relationship that has been really difficult probably from the day I was born (or maybe before) I am visiting my mother for 6 days. am curious & hopeful how it will go.....

sportychick likes this.
  2. Homestead Hermit

Homestead Hermit Peer Supporter

First of all, I love your name! Great way to start the process of healing off right :) I wish you luck during the challenging time with your mom. Take time and breaks for yourself when those stressors come...I think you are going into it with a positive attitude of curiosity and hope :)

3. sportychick

sportychick New Member

I, too, had a difficult relationship with my mother. Now, I am the one who takes care of her as she has Alzheimer's. There's a lot to explore there for the source of inner rage/conflict. Good luck to you!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. thank you very much! I am a believer 100 % about our own doing in wrecking our health - just very much needing to understand WHAT to do against it:)
    am noticing new things nearly every hour with my momo_O also, how I treat her based on the past experiences of "you always do that" "you never do this" - it would be much better if I try to just concentrate on the NOW and not on ---> oh, this again here it comes...:mad::)
    all the very best to you as well and lots of strength!