1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

day three - spending time with one of the biggest stressors:-)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by optimistic believer, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ... my mom. after a very unhappy childhood full of aggression and violence, and a relationship that has been really difficult probably from the day I was born (or maybe before) I am visiting my mother for 6 days. am curious & hopeful how it will go.....

sportychick likes this.
  2. Homestead Hermit

Homestead Hermit Peer Supporter

First of all, I love your name! Great way to start the process of healing off right :) I wish you luck during the challenging time with your mom. Take time and breaks for yourself when those stressors come...I think you are going into it with a positive attitude of curiosity and hope :)

3. sportychick

sportychick New Member

I, too, had a difficult relationship with my mother. Now, I am the one who takes care of her as she has Alzheimer's. There's a lot to explore there for the source of inner rage/conflict. Good luck to you!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. thank you very much! I am a believer 100 % about our own doing in wrecking our health - just very much needing to understand WHAT to do against it:)
    am noticing new things nearly every hour with my momo_O also, how I treat her based on the past experiences of "you always do that" "you never do this" - it would be much better if I try to just concentrate on the NOW and not on ---> oh, this again here it comes...:mad::)
    all the very best to you as well and lots of strength!