1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day Three confirms theory

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by OnTheRoad, Dec 11, 2016.

1. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

Day Three. Although this exercise was not called for yet, I felt an urge to journal about a recent emotionally painful event. When I did, the well of buried feelings burst. I found out that my anger at this recent event was related to a much more painful past event which was related to a still more painful circumstance which was really my choice and that I had not taken responsibility for this choice. I was still blaming others, or life circumstances...not accepting that is was my responsibility. Because, it was too painful to accept. When I accepted that it was my choice...and stopped blaming myself...and chose to love myself instead, my pain went away. Huh. Go figure.

Ellen likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi OnTheRoad,

What a wonderful report! All those layers, interrelated. And unbounded by your sincere inner work...

You put this so brilliantly and succinctly! A wonderful realization, and release. Just one experience like this can go very deep, even if symptoms return. It is a deep re-education of how symptoms are caused and relieved. Congratulations!!

Andy B

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, OnTheRoad. I share Andy's enthusiasm and am glad that you have made such a self-discovery, accepting yourself to blame for some emotional problem you've had and not blaming others for it. That's one of the great things about TMS knowledge... it helps us to understand ourselves better. Now I urge you to put that all behind you and enjoy feeling well. Be happy and grateful for all the good things in your life.

4. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

Thanks, guys. I've been at this for awhile, using Canadian physiotherapist/yoga therapist Neil Pearson's "Life is Now" online self-management program, but just recently committed to the TMS online educational program.