1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Day six

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, May 15, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Journaling went the same today as it did yesterday. I spent 10 minutes writing about my fears and doubts in TMS. A little bit of cramping same as yesterday but I might've got line or two extra in. I did some meditation today it did not go to well but it didn't go terribly either. It may go better with time, I'll just have to keep up with it. Today's question to ponder was what are some of my fears and why am afraid of them. I guess one of my fears is ill never get over my feelings of inadequacy.I suppose Ive felt inadequate ever since I was a teenager. I'm also afraid my pain Will never go away obviously but I figure it's not good to dwell on that too much. Why do I have these fears? Well to be honest I'm not sure how to answer that question. I kind of feel like their self explanatory.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

If your answer is self-explanatory, that's fine. Just write it.

When I was a boy and even into my teenage high school years, my father used to put me down in front of his
    beer-drinking pals. I never knew why. I was a perfect kid, never got into trouble, studied hard, worked at a store
    at night and weekends. Even when I went to a city college in Chicago I could tell he didn't think I'd last a day
    much less graduate. I did, but he died before then. I felt inferior and inadequate, but it didn't stop me from trying
    to my best.

You're doing your best. Don't let anyone, even yourself, tell you you're not.

3. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

It seems to be a main personality trait in ppl with tms. Never feeling good enough puts alot pressure on the inner child to prove ourselves and others wrong