1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day One's assignment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Bears_Mom, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Bears_Mom

Bears_Mom New Member

For a little over a year, my back got progressively worse. I would sometimes go to my knees and cry from the pain, knowing that I would not be able to walk my dog Bear. I have read Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain. I am trying to get more practical tips on how to make the pain stop. How do I talk to my brain?

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Bears_Mom and welcome to the Peer Network,

If you are looking for more practical tips then going through the strucutred program is a great place to start. The main idea of it is to provide you with a daily dose of TMS. In terms of how to talk to your brain I would advise that you check out our page, Affirmations.

Recovering is all about accepting the diagnosis. Essentially if you believe that you are weak and fragile, you will continue to struggle. Talking to your brain can help you send those messages that you are strong and not fragile to your unconscious. I would just add that sometimes actions speak louder than words. In addition, to talking to your brain, you may also want to consider becoming active again. You could start by going on a short walk with your dog, bear.