1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day one

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Danad, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Danad

Danad New Member

Day one for me. I've been dealing with sciatica pain for almost a year. Back and leg pain that had me immobile for a month. I tried the usual things... Chiropractic, acupuncture, anti inflamatories, and cortisone injections. Still the pain persists.
    A friend sent me Dr. Sarno's book. I'm going to give this a try. It all does make some sense to me and I already do find myself talking to my brain when the pain gets bad, mostly in the morning. I've stopped all pain meds, even ibuprofen.
    I'm going to be a believer. I can do this.

Seraphina, JanAtheCPA and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Danad, and welcome to the forums. I take it that you saw a doctor and structural damage is ruled out,
    and the other treatments and medication and shots didn't help, so it sure looks like you have pain caused by
    TMS repressed emotions and as most of us have, perfectionist personality traits.

It's great that you have a mind-set that you believe Dr. Sarno's TMS philosophy. I suggest you start the free
    SEP program in one of the subforums here. It will lead you into steps to take to heal.

"I can do this!" I love that. And you can and will heal.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi Danad. When you believe you can do it, you surely can! :) Check out success stories too. Some of us have had sciatica and we are now pain-free.

4. sunnykmr123

sunnykmr123 New Member

agree with that you should start the free SEP program in one of the subforums here.