1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day one

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by marco, Jul 15, 2018.

1. marco

marco New Member

Hello TMS supportgroup
    Lets introduce myself. I am Marco and i live in the Netherlands. I am new to this forum and would try by following the program to get rid of my pain.

I am suffering for 4 years now for pain while sitting. Also there is nervepain or pain at the sitbones or Ischial tubetosity. Doctors could not find a course. I had several MRI and so on, and also multiple diagnoses. Such as a tendinoses of the hamstring/adductors, pudendal nerve pain, and serversal more. The pain is disabling me in my daily live once can not sit at work, restaurant, etc.
    I read the book of dr Sarno and there where pritty much recognizable things written where i could see myself in.

It would be helpfull to get some help from fellow sufferers how to start and where i have to focus on during the stage of the tms recovery program.

Who can help me out?

2. NWWU

NWWU New Member

Hi Marco,
    From my experience with this program (and reading Dr. Sarno's book) this program can assist you in learning about yourself and listening to the messages your body is sending you loudly and clearly through the pain you are experiencing (your body is screaming, LISTEN TO ME!). And if you are following the program to get rid of your pain, you may be disappointed, angry, and/or frustrated if, by the end of the program, your pain is not gone. You may conclude that the program did not work for you. Have you considered that this program is part of your healing process, not the actual process of healing? Be patient and kind to yourself and pay attention to your self talk. You can heal. You may relapse, which is where I am now. And I know that I will heal again. And you will too. Stay the course. Keep being honest with yourself. This takes time.

3. marco

marco New Member

Thanks. Those relapses i had many times. But everytime the situation got worse then when i startet. Then i read the book "the mind body perscription" and thought this could be something for me to work out. But shure I know that this thing takes time.

I got confused who to follow, the old strategy ore the new one. The old one is much longer. So what is the differents?

I also read that this program could be combined with the app curable, from curable health. Is this true?

Kind Regards
    Marco