1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day one

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ithantech, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

Hi! I am just starting the structured education program. Just before Chrustmas, I woke up with debilitating hip and left leg pain. I tried the ER, my GP, and Accupuncture. Stayed in bed for days taking all the meds. It kept getting worse. My husband had read the book many years ago and thought it would help me. I read it and immediately saw myself. So I started journaling every morning. In that process I discovered this forum. While I have had sad moments and tears, I have welcomed the expression of feelings. I definitely believe the diagnosis and experience the release from pain periodically. I am a bit nervous about how long it will take to be back to normal but know I have to trust the process. In the meantime. I am really amazed by how much I am learning and allowing myself to feel.