1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day One

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kajspears, May 13, 2017.

1. kajspears

kajspears New Member

What would life without TMS look like to me?

Short answer....not taking anything for granted. It's so hard to remember what pain-free feels like. Life pain-free is almost too hard to picture. Going to the bathroom without pain, sitting down to eat a meal without pain, sitting through church without pain, playing with my kids without pain, hiking, cooking, hanging out with friends, going back to school, dating my husband, traveling, flying.....these are my dreams and I feel very hopeful that they are all within reach

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, kajspears. You have come to the right place to achieve those wonderful goals, of being free of pain and enjoying life. I like your positive attitude that your dreams are all within reach. They are all realistic. I hope you can tell yourself, "I can do this... I can do anything I set my mind to" and gradually get back to cooking, being with friends and your husband, and playing with your children. You want to get back to school... maybe read more on subjects you'd like to know more about. Get information on those subjects from doing Internet searches. This research can take your mind off any pain. You post that you go to church, which is very good. I added prayer to my TMS healing and believe it helped me a great deal. Take your TMS journey with faith. It can give you strength and comfort. Read the Bible and take inspiration from it. Keep posting about your progress in the SEProgram. Find ways to laugh. If you can't laugh, I've read that just smiling helps us to relax. Even a fake laugh or smile works.

Puddin likes this.
  3. kajspears

kajspears New Member

Hi Walt,
    Thank you for the kind words of wisdom, they brought a smile to my face. Excellent advice. My relationship with God is what has helped me the most. For a time, it almost felt that this pain was a punishment or that I did something to deserve it. Was I harboring unforgiveness? Is God mad at me or using the pain to teach me something? I would wonder why I wasn't being healed and yes I will admit that at times I would find myself crying out in anger at God. It was surely no shortage of prayer between all the family, friends, and entire church congregations that were interceding for me. Oh well, He is God and I am not. I believe that He led me to discover TMS. Could it be that God had already given me the answer, the ability to heal myself? Maybe I really do just need to awaken to the truth that I already am healed and convince my subconscious to believe it. Though the last five years have been the hardest time of my life, I do know that God has never left my side. Despite that pain, He continues to shower my life in continued favor and blessing. I now truly know that He is a GOOD God who desires for everyone to be healed. He cares about every little detail of my life...if it matters to me then it matters to Him. I don't believe that He causes anyone pain...but I do believe He will bring good from my situation because I love Him. Although I am very new to this journey, I do believe that I have found my answer. I am so happy to have found this forum because I have found it challenging to practically apply Sarno's principals. The SEProgram is incredible. Thanks again! :)

Puddin likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm glad you sent this. Your faith in God is strong. I feel like you do, that God sent me the severe back pain so I would discover Dr. Sarno and TMS.

It is another important technique in TMS to visualize and feel yourself already healed. I forget at the moment what it's called. It's simply believing you already have what you want. I consider it part of the MindBody connection.

kajspears likes this.