1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day one of structured plan

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Forest, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

A wiki member, Vannie79, on the wetpaint forum recently posted the following in the old forum.

Hiya vannie and welcome to the wiki,

Having chronic pain is really tough, but you are in the right place. One of the clearest signs of TMS is when someone's symptoms change or fluctuate like yours do. Use this to gain confidence in the approach. It is great to hear that you were able to start being active again. I had a similar experience. I basically stopped all physical activity due to my pain, but when i learned about TMS I decided to give it a go. Sure enough, like you, my symptoms didn't get worse and I gained so much confidence in this approach.

I'm glad to hear that you are reading Sarno's books and are committed to doing the wiki's program. Sarno's books contain great information about the true cause of our symptoms, and the wiki's program has activities for people to do to help identify and accept their repressed emotions.

One of the biggest parts of recovery is accepting the diagnosis. If you ever sense yourself doubting the TMS diagnosis, ask yourself why and investigate your emotions. This approach does work. I went from debilitating pain to being pain free today.

Best,

Forest