1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day One Hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DebraW, Feb 5, 2015.

1. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Ive been suffering pain over a year and had to retire from a job I loved. I believe in the TMS diagnosis. Ive seen many doctors and chiropractors, had PT, acupuncture, test after test with no differences and I am no further ahead than a year ago. I did read one of DR Sarno's books but it didn't make a difference. Im hoping all the information and material here is going to help me cure myself! Best wishes and success to everyone out there in pain.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Many people read the books and have no change but they have TMS. You can see all the people participating in this program.

When I read The Divided Mind I had a slight relief in pain but only slight but noticeable. I tried the exercises but had no luck. I kept trying but no luck. I read the book again before i finally found the wiki.

I needed this program to help me understand what happened to me. I learned about my personality traits which some I had no idea i had. I never knew I was a perfectionist! !!

Debra, you will learn so much about yourself. Welcome.

3. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thanks so much Stella. Your encouraging words will certainly help on the journey ahead.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I've found it very comforting to read the subforum posts and exchange thoughts with the good people
    who are in pain and learning about TMS. It's such a wonderful, supportive community of caring people.

If misery loves company, you're in good company. Most of us are not really in misery, just hurting
    from one thing or another. We help each other to heal, and remind each other that the TMS journey
    can take a while. But the healing does come.

5. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt. It's kind of scary. I'm afraid it won't work. But I'll try anything at this point. Thanks so much for your kind words.

6. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

Hi everyone. I'm on day six now. I really believe in TMS and I'm sure that I have it. I have terrible upper back pain and pain in all my ribs.I match the personality traits perfectly. I'm a bit discouraged though. I'm reading all the success stories and how fast people are recovering but I'm still the same. I'm doing the program and I've read all of Dr. Sarno's books but nothing is happening. Can anyone help?

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I wish I knew how TMS healing happens faster for some people than others.
    You just have to keep believing 100 percent in TMS causing your pains.
    It can take time. Six days into the SEP is too early to lose faith in TMS.
    Even after completing the program, pain can still exist but it will probably be a lot less than
    when you started.

Keep journaling to find your repressed emotions and working to modify personality traits
    that may cause you problems.

Ellen likes this.
  8. Stella

Stella Well known member

One of my TMS traits is having no patience especially with myself. I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect to do it just right. I compare myself to others thinking they are doing it and I am not. Another TMS trait of putting myself down.

You are still very early in the program. You have so much to learn about yourself and how to understand manage your personality traits. You will do great and you will succeed.

Ellen likes this.
  9. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

I really do believe in it. I don't trust my inner child I guess. I will keep working on it. Hopefully down the road I can be like you and help others.

10. DebraW

DebraW Peer Supporter

I have no patience with myself either. Some of it may be lack of self esteem. I have a lot of work to do. But I do look forward to doing the journaling and everything everyday. I'm writing lots of stuff.