1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day One - Hi

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by movingcloud, Sep 11, 2012.

1. movingcloud

movingcloud Peer Supporter

I'm quite pleased I've found this community, as I'm reading one of Dr Sarno's books, and quite a bit of what he says is resonating with me. I have had low back pain 24/7 for about 5 years, and had episodes since my 20's. I've done the osteopaths, chiropractors, physios - seen several consultants, had injections, MRI's, discography, and finished a hospital course about living with pain, advocating a number of things like pacing, becoming an expert patient, mindfulness, and coping strategies. They were keen to point out that these are the ways we can help ourselves, and medics don't know enough about the chronic pain mechanisms to fix us. It has been most helpful, because by reading about these ideas I discovered the works of Jon Kabat-Zinn, Vidyamala Burch, Les Fehmi and Eckhart Tolle. They taught me that meditating, using open focus, and being in the moment helps with pain. So it's not such a big step to imagine that there is some connection here to TMS.

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, movingcloud! :)

3. movingcloud

movingcloud Peer Supporter

Thankyou Veronica (my sister shares your name)!
    What a great day I'm having today. I have fixed stuff, cleaned stuff, stared at the rain, organised a walk, and listened to BBC Radio 6 music (Nemone) as I read all about MBS.
    This wiki and the help of this community could well be the way to the new me - pain free! I was just telling my daughter that I was a people pleaser, and BLOW ME but it came up as one of the TMS personality traits!

veronica73 likes this.