1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day one - apprehensive, determined and hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by sonicboom18, Mar 18, 2014.

1. sonicboom18

sonicboom18 New Member

That's how I'm feeling about going through this process.

I've put up with RSI in both arms and back pain on and off for 7 years, and like many of you I've tried many different options for helping me to recover. After a recent relapse of pain in my arms 3 months ago, I came across this very forum after googling "RSI success stories".

I bought and read through the book over the course of 2 days, and like many I was staggered at how many similarities to how I behave were mirrored in Sarno's book.

I embraced the idea almost completely, and by the next morning my symptoms had been reduced to one third! That was the biggest sense of relief at finally having found the right direction.

So here I am at day one, my arms a lot better - but my back has now started playing up. Yet I know it is just my subconscious mind trying to distract me.

I'm looking forward to hopefully being 100 percent better physically, but more so being emotionally competent and overcoming anxieties and fears which have held me back the past 20 years, with therapy if need be.

Wish me luck!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

Great job with being positive about the process. I was frustrated last night and this morning because my plantars fascitiis acted up again after being healed for several months using the tms process. It is important to pay attention to the things that set off your pain. I am glad that you have found a path to heal yourself. Keep up the good work.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. sonicboom18

sonicboom18 New Member

Thanks aa, I guess I got pretty lucky to have such a big reduction in symptoms straight away.

Sorry to read about your TMS recurrence, I can feel your frustration! Thanks for the advice; I'll pay attention if I have any flare ups.

Thanks again, and keep reading though the material to help you get back on track - good luck!