1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day Off

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LetGo, Jul 30, 2019.

1. LetGo

LetGo New Member

I'm so relieved that Day #7 of Week 1 is a day off. I felt much pain relief from the first several days of this program, very optimistic, and then suddenly I felt even more pain than I have had in many months. I resorted to seeing the chiropractor who said my muscles were in knots. I even had a "pinched nerve." I have turned TMS into another job to do! It was very timely to watch the video, Is it Possible to Work too Hard at Treating TMS. I've turned Letting Go into a job that has to be done perfectly. This is a great insight, but it's also who I am, and I like the satisfaction of a job well done -- so that is confusing.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Actually, Days 7-9 or so are often when many people experience either the symptom imperative or a worsening of their previous symptoms. This is your brain fighting back and fighting back hard! Which means that you are doing the work! The key is to keep going and to give yourself credit for your progress.