1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day Four: don't believe all doctors

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by OnTheRoad, Dec 13, 2016.

1. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

The worst thing a doctor said to me was (shaking her head, looking at spinal stenosis on a scan report): "C3! C4! C5! C6! C7! Just don't ever get into a car accident!". I was afraid to ask, "why". From her tone of voice, I thought she meant, a car accident would paralyze me. And I went around in fear, thinking I was that fragile. I no longer believe that.

RichieRich and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, OnTheRoad. Doctors can scare the s==t out of us. Your doctor should not have made you so worried.
    And Dr. Sarno says disc problems often do not cause pain.

A cancer surgeon wanted to open my neck when he saw a tiny pimple. I insisted on a culture be taken first and it turned out that it was just a tiny water pimple that went away on its own.

The wife of another cancer surgeon bragged to me that he often performed an operation that cost $500 that was never necessary. It helped pay for their beautiful home.