1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day four discouraging words from doctors

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 20, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

I was given two different diagnoses by three different practitioners ...trochanteric bursitis, and SI joint dysfunction/torsion. All seems to think the problem would resolve, I am seeing an osteopath for the SI joint dysfuction...is she helping...the massage helps, the adjustment? Do not know. Sarno's stuff on the other hand has meant I can sit down now, where I could not before. i am also slowly weaning myself off muscle relaxants, because I think they are impairing my cognition and not assisting....they are not the physically addictive kind, but they are psychologically addictive.

I had three great days and then woke up with pain last night, worse than in a long while...very discouraging. I told it to go away, and it did lessen, but then Out of tiredness, I just put some relief gel on it, used a heating pad, and tried to sleep. Then came an anxiety attack which finally went away when i got up early this morning and walked a couple miles. I am still caught up with fear, and too preoccupied with the pain and worried about getting better to a timeframe. Now I am fine though and painfree, just bloody tired. I just am sick of pain dictating my life. What do you do when your pain mostly comes on at night and wakes you up? Why is this so? What is the subconscious trying to tell me?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet, You had a bad night but that's because we think more about pain and problems when trying to sleep.
    It's our subconscious at work trying to get us to discover the emotional causes of our pain.

I trust doctors as much as I do politicians and auto repairmen. They've given me some bad medical advice over the years.
    I trust Dr. Sarno much more. Learning about TMS and going through the SEP cured me of severe back pain. It was not
    structural or aging since I am 85. The pain was from repressing emotions since childhood when my parents divorced when I was seven.

I think it's wonderful that despite a bad night, you walked a few miles his morning. That means you are fighting the pain and going on with normal daily activities which Sarno says is part of healing.

Keep working in the SEP and driving away fear. Keep positive that you are healing and soon will be more healthy and happier than you ever imagined.