1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by karenz, Jan 1, 2018.

1. karenz

karenz New Member

I believe it's Day 9. I'm still doing better mentally than 9 days ago in terms of coping. Pain in a holding pattern.

I've been realizing how much I do not deal with or process feelings. Especially negative ones. I may cry or something but then try to ignore it. Also, I've had anxiety for years. Since I was a teen. Just this extra energy at times. And I've never known what to do with it. And I've never journaled.

Today my pain reared a bit and fear and frustration crept in. I thought of the other posts that said write write write, feel feel feel. So I sat down and wrote anything I was mad about or scared about. Hardly even could finish sentences. And I felt my body relax. It's like I'm a hot air balloon and all those emotions are just pushing against the seams and writing releases some of the tension.

I'm just starting this and I still feel wobbly and scared at times. But that feeling of my body relaxing as I wrote was pretty amazing.

Also, I realize how unkind I am to myself. I blame myself for the pain and for things being harder than what it seems for others. Why can't I be normal, I think. Not very nice. This isn't my fault. I didn't do anything wrong to cause my pain.

Ok, goodnight day 9.

Liz_NL likes this.