1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I have finished reading Scott Brady's book Pain Free for Life and am combining some of that program with the SEP. I especially liked the information about visualization and imagery- visualizing myself being able to do things without pain. I also thought the chapter on deep journaling was very helpful.

I had started this SEP 2 years ago but stopped. I'm not sure why because I did feel like I was getting better. I don't think I was 100% convinced I have TMS.

I also don't understand why all the therapists I saw over the years didn't help and I still ended up with this pain. I feel like I have been over and over my crappy childhood and my moms mental illness, my parents divorce, etc. but obviously I still have many repressed feelings. I am starting to catch myself now when I feel stressed or insecure at work. Or angry at my husband. I do feel like I am making progress.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Visualization and imagery are excellent tools in TMS healing. I combine them with a mantra: "I can do anything I set my mind to. I can do this... It's a piece of cake."

It may not be easy, but more patient you can be with your husband and others, the better you will feel.

3. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I actually tried talking to my pain for the first time yesterday when I was mopping the floor. I always have pain in my lower back when I am doing housework. It did help some so I will keep doing that whenever I have to do things that cause me pain.

On a positive note my husband is beginning to see that he also had TMS and is listening to the things I am telling him. He also understands that I do write things about him in my journal because it helps me heal and have a place to express my feelings and emotions. I have encouraged him to start journaling to get to the root of his feelings when he is having a bad day. He has IBS, panic attacks, migraines, back pain and shoulder pain. Some of it is structural but the IBS and panic attacks are not.