1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 0208mad, Nov 24, 2016.

1. 0208mad

0208mad Peer Supporter

Day 9

Really struggling with my symptoms. Am so scared they will never go and I will be on my pain meds forever. Am battling my inner bully. But so very difficult.

2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. We've all been there and come through and you will too. Soak up all the success stories on this forum and watch Forest's success story on youtube. Forest's youtube got me started on my TMS healing journey and gave me the confidence to believe I could heal. Read and re-read Dr Sarno, or better still - grab his books on audio and go about your day with his reassuring words. This will help dissolve your fear.

Steve Ozanich's book Great Pain Deception gave me the giant leap forward, that got me running again after 22 years of chronic foot pain and fibromyalgia. I highly recommend his book also.

You symptoms WILL pass. You need to believe this. You may need advice around pain meds and how and when to wean yourself off them.

Tell your inner bully to take a hike! Stick with the SEP and reassure yourself that you've found the wonderful support of the TMS wiki community and have started your healing journey.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, 0208mad. Colly's advice is right-on.

Next time you feel you need to take a pain medication, try this: Drink a cup of hot milk with a little honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder. It is very relaxing. I take it before going to bed and sleep through the night.

Believe you will be free of pain and you will be. It takes a little time and a lot of belief. 100 percent belief.