1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9 Video. I'm still here

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sanghagirl82, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sanghagirl,

I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Thanks for the update.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sanghagirl,
    Good to hear from you and that you are feeling better. Your video posts are a great way to participate in the forum.

I've suffered from severe insomnia for much of my life, along with my other TMS symptoms. If you search the term 'insomnia' on this site, you will find that there have been many discussions about this issue because many of us struggle with it. I think of all my TMS symptoms it is the most frustrating and has been the most resistant to healing techniques. I've been through sleep studies and several misguided treatments for sleep apnea that I don't actually have, as well as lots of prescription medications, OTC meds, supplements, acupuncture, and several other alternative treatments.

Right now I'm reading a book called Say Goodnight to Insomnia that someone on this forum recommended. When I finish it I'll post a review on the Book review section of the forum. But I did experience a reduction in my insomnia initially when I started reading it--sort of like reading Sarno helps. I think this was because one of the messages in the book is about not fearing insomnia. So my anxiety about it decreased, and the reduction in anxiety led to better sleep. The next technique I'm going to try is deep breathing when lying down to sleep. I don't like doing it, but I need to give it a try.

So wishing you a good night...

Forest likes this.
  4. Sanghagirl82

Thanks Ellen. I would not wish insomnia on anyone, but I am glad to hear there are others struggling with this issue. I will do a search a see what comes up. Are you a Buddhist? I just wondered because of your icon

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not actually a Buddhist, I just play one on the internet ;)

6. Sanghagirl82

I AM actually a Buddhist. But it's probably fun to play one on the internet too.:happy: