1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 9 very bad sciatica pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by danny1943, Feb 11, 2016.

1. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

This morning I'm having severe sciatica pain which is very intense. I notice my heart rate went up and I'm all jittery. I've been off pain meds for about a week but was tempted to take something but I'm hanging in there. I know it's best to not focus on the pain but when it's like this it seems to take over my consciousness completely until it subsides a little. Although I am able to sort of keep calm about it and understand it's only pain and that there is no injury. So I'll start the day 9 program and see how it goes.

2. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

I just finished the day 9 exercises and feel much better and more clear headed. The hardest thing for me is to watch my reaction to the pain. The most helpful thing I learned is to treat the mind as a child and not give in and reinforce it's behavior. What a great program this is!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Danny. You're doing great, noticing progress in healing.

I healed from severe back pain by believing 100 percent in TMS, but didn't spend much time feeling the emotions that caused it,
    that went back to when my parents divorced when I was seven and left me with feelings of abandonment and insecurity. It was enough that I brought that out of my repressed emotions. It helped me to understand my parents better and I was able to forgive them (they had already passed on, but forgiveness works wonders for our emotional and physical health. I'm glad you had a betteer day today in the SEProgram. Keep at it and you will continue to benefit in mind and body.