1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9 - Have i been overly critical of myself recently

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ThatBookBlewMyMind, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

Pressurizing myself to get better, be healthy as possible, make money be sucessful, save my family, save the world. I put myself under this pressure because i thought these were things i needed to achieve in my life and i thought i had to put myself under pressure to achieve things. I dont always put myself under pressure and im pretty self motivated however at times i can do. There must be patterns in which i put myself under pressure.

How else do you achieve stuff without putting yourself under pressure? hmmm thats what i need to work on.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It looks like you know the TMS psychological cause of your symptoms. You put too much pressure on yourself to achieve in every way. That's a form of perfectionism which is a very common reason most people are in pain.
    Just do your best and think better of yourself and your achievements. You can probably achieve even more if you don't put so much pressure on yourself.

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's your Inner Bully.

The Oscar winning actress Lupita Nylong'o of "Twelve Years a Slave" says this about our Inner Bully:

“Every time I overcome an obstacle, it feels like success. Sometimes the biggest ones are in our head; the saboteurs that tell us we can't.”

Tune out yours and have a wonderful Easter or Hanukkah holiday.

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.
  4. ThatBookBlewMyMind

Very often the biggest are in our heads i agree for sure.

Things are going well for me overall, not done day 10 yet but i've now been for 2 swims and on cross trainer @ gym. This is insane recovery speed for me now. Will update in a few days on day 10.

5. ThatBookBlewMyMind

and yeah im going to try and just be happy with whatever i manage in a day and go easy on myself. Its not like im going to not achieve anything if i take this attitude, i like being productive naturally so. Thanks Walt!