1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 9 Day 9 and a question

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Daisy2, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Daisy2

Daisy2 Newcomer

My destructive behavior is putting pressure on myself. In some ways, it's helped me achieve a lot of life goals but sometimes at the expense of my health. I do fear that "letting go" means I'll give up on things like exercise. While I do enjoy it, I usually have to motivate myself to get started. I have to figure out a middle ground between no motivation and the drill sergeant.

QUESTION: If the TMS is better, should I keep doing the program until the end?

2. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

Yes! A 100% finish the program. There is a lot of interesting information that will help to validate your knowledge about TMS and keep up with good results.
    I’m the same. All my youth I just was interested in getting passing grades but when I went back to school I had to graduate with 4.0. Now I’m in pain again because of that, being the best wasn’t worth at all.
    What I try to do is that I’ll push myself to do just a half of one less repetition instead of doing five extra when I work with my body. I have deeply conditioned in my brain that if I’ll do something perfect the expected will happen which is not true in real life.

Daisy2 likes this.