1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by riv44, Jul 23, 2015.

1. riv44

riv44 Well known member

It is about a month since I first read Healing Back Pain, which has been a major catalyst to changing my experience of pain and of life.

I have some time to move into the writing for day 8. I am feeling looser. I enjoyed posting my reflections on family history. I have been close to home this week, and feeling little or no pain. I am working on some articles I have been writing, about the psychology of addiction. There are many parallels to the pain experience: especially when fear of relapse dominates and becomes self-fulfilling prophecy. Seeing clients but not a full load. I feel more present. I am still aware of anxiety that settles in my chest when I am working. I am about to start today's emotion based writing, and turn away from the academic.

It is wonderful to enter this new reality we are building.s

2. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

That's awesome that you're feeling better. Seems like you're in an interesting line of work.

riv44 likes this.