1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mina, Jul 17, 2015.

1. mina

mina Peer Supporter

Hello everyone,

I am glad to say that my physical state has improved over the course of this week.
    I first followed the advice: 'discontinue treatment if possible' and I stopped taking advil. I spent 6 days without the need to take any pill, I was far from being pain free but it was more tolerable. I did some gardening three
    days ago, spent an hour standing on my two legs cutting roses and trimming bushes. I hadn't spent so much time standing in the last 5 years...
    We had friends over for lunch on Sunday and I ate cheese, bread and ice cream for the first time in 4 years. I wasn't fearful of my body's reactions and actually there were none. I am amazed to realise that everything doctors tried to stick into my mind was utterly wrong, from" you mustn't wear heals or..." to "you must be extra careful about your diet or...". To be honest, I did listen to every single piece of advice I was given by the medical community in my country and this was to no avail. So I can happily return to eating what I want when I want and wear the shoes I feel like wearing.
    Only yesterday did I feel the need to take some advil again as my periods are here and for some reason that needs serious investigation in my subconscious this has always been a time of more pain in my entire body, left side only... I suspect something related to maternity. Having no child of my own and having been raised by a mother who looked down on pregnant women, there must be something.
    I appreciated the video of day 7 as it comforted me in the idea that I was doing things ok, I am not trying to push myself in any way through this wonderful program. I enjoy the fact that we have something different to do every day, the fact that it is so well documented, it is a jewel. I also enjoy the way it is made: not knowing what I'll have to do the following day provides some kind of childish excitement that is totally new to any kind of therapeutical thing.
    I wish you all a lot of luck and self love on your healing journey.
    Céline

Reza2kn likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Glad you are doing so well. I can sympathise - I too followed so many drs advice, got filled up with medications and nothing ever helped! Our reproductive system is a minefield! I think we all get messed up by the attitudes from those around us. I am 49 and my mother has only just stopped exclaiming 'oo perhaps you're pregnant' at any juncture! We also get a lot of flack as 'childless' women from society in general.
    I have decided that the only thing worse than not having kids - is having them! I cherish the moments I share with friends and relatives children - but also I cherish my peace and quiet and husband, and time and fuller purse...!
    The programme is great - I really enjoyed doing it too - even when I was sobbing my heart out over something - all in the end is harvest..

mina likes this.
  3. mina

mina Peer Supporter

Thanks Hecate,
    I love the way you put things, your sense of humour ;-)
    I also love having no kid, consciously speaking of course but seeing how my periods transform me, I wonder if there is any subconscious nasty stuff.
    I will find out in due time.
    I do cry out a lot too when journaling, not every day but often enough so I have decided to stop wearing mascara for the duration of the programme.
    What appeals to me is that the same memory keeps making me cry. But I guess that things will cool down with time.
    Thanks again

hecate105 likes this.
  4. Reza2kn

Reza2kn New Member

Go Céline! wavea
    I'm sure you'll be one of the top transformers (!) of this website and TMS in general;)
    Good Luckbeerbuds

hecate105 and mina like this.