1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nopain123, Apr 14, 2015.

1. nopain123

nopain123 New Member

Hi All,
    Day 8. Of the program. Lots of advise and good ideas here. I feel blessed to have found this site. This week Ihave had a reduction in my coccyx pain. I have been pushing a bit and can sit a little longer. With that I feel hope . I did notice that when I started worrying about a particular situation my pain really fired up. I havent seen my chiropractor since february and I was seeing him since 2007 any where from 2x a week to once a month depending on how I was feeling. Funny thing about coccyx pain is the things that are bothering you really are a pain in the butt.

ceturner and Chen like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Nopain123,
    Sounds like you are making good progress and "connecting the dots" to understand how TMS functions in your experience. Keep up the good work!
    Andy B.

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Tailbone pain was one of many of my physical pains over the years. It started bother me when I was flying back from England. I had to stand almost the entire flight. Over the years I have blamed everything on my back. I had Scoliosis surgery when I was 16. Over the years I have "blamed" everything on my back. Shin splints must be my back. Tailbone pain must be my back. IT band pain must be my back. Pelvic floor pain must be my back. And on and on. Of course it was just the pain moving around.

I got numerous shots in my coccyx for the pain. None ever worked. I wore a tens units for a year which actually helped until the pain moved somewhere else.

You are on the right track Nopain. You will do just great working this program. Glad to have you with us.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

nopain, your sense of humor is going to help heal you.
    I got rid of my severe back pain by journing into repressed emotions from my boyhood,
    but also from laughing at my pain. I still laugh away worry, anxiety and any other such thing.
    Just a few shorts bursts of laughing and I forget what bugged me.

Laughing sends healing to our body and mind.

5. Chen

Chen New Member

I understand you so much
    I have pain in my coccyx and sacrum for almost a year now
    I've been reading Dr sarno book and see the video, still no success

Keep us informed

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  6. Stella

Stella Well known member

Are you participating in the 42 day program on this site?

You have to work up to having your mind/thoughts believe 100% that the pain is caused by oxygen deprivation and blood constriction created by the mind. This can take time.

The 42 day program will give you the tools to help you get to 100% and manage various symptoms.

You can do it.