1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by COgirl05, Dec 17, 2014.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I learned about TMS nearly a year ago and saw myself written all over every page of Dr. Sarno's books. I knew that was my problem because my pain would come and go with stress and then I'd be pain free when I was on vacation or something. I just didn't realize what exactly was going on. Since learning about TMS, I've had good bouts and painful bouts still including the pain moving from my lower back to my IT band when I started running and then having sinus issues and dizziness that I also know are TMS.

I am ready to get rid of it once and for all so I started the structured learning program. I've learned that it's not necessarily daily stressors that are my problem, but the fact that I'm such a perfectionist, goodist and legalist that are the problems. When I am criticized or something doesn't go perfectly, I feel my body physiologically change and I know that's the underlying emotional issues. I remind myself all day long when I have a situation that I don't like that the pain is psychological, that I'm a perfectionist and that is why this is happening. I also tell myself there is nothing to fear either and give my brain "hell" as Sarno says to do. It's working well for me so far and the pain has almost subsided completely.

2. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

Every situation that I don't like, I go over it in my head and think about how I'm feeling and why I'm feeling this way also.

3. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

I'm glad you're here! welcomea