1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rick, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Rick

Rick New Member

So I have been doing this for a week now I have had very little pain in my back all week. Had pain in neck and other areas but tried to d=stay aware of traveling pain. Played golf twice, still take a motrin out of fear but still felt much better than usual However today, I was fine playing golf. It is the first time I played early in the AM in a long time because of fear of moving in the AM. I woke up at 3 AM and had a panic attak because of this. Any way got through golf fine with my lower back, however later that day just walking down the block it all came back. Right away my mind went to surgery, blah blah. All my life I never got more than a weeks relief followed by disappointment. Got very angry at my brain and started yelling at it. I also pray for god to do for mr=e what I cant seem to do for myself, which is remove this obsession with thoughts of fear and pain. I am doing better tonight.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I know the feeling, I went through the same thing. You will get better it just takes time. I Got better than worse for a while, its all part of the healing process and the reconditioning of the mind. Perseverance and faith will go a long way. You have what it takes to overcome this beast, just don't lose hope. For me getting angry at the pain made it worse. Just accept the pain, lot easier said then done, and use it as a sign as something emotionally is not right. Check in with your mind to see what bothers you. As Sarno said, "knowledge is the penicillin." As the knowledge comes so will your awareness. You will learn to recognize your triggers and what your mind is doing. You have what it takes inside of you to heal, best of luck.

Ryan

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.