1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DMAC100, Apr 3, 2020.

1. DMAC100

DMAC100 Newcomer

I am having some success recognising the emotions that connect to my pain however I still have a long way to go. After day 6 I felt great. Day 7 was a reward and relax day and this morning on day 8 I woke up with increased pain. I think this is no real shock considering I tend to get worse TMS pain at weekends and holidays therefore on a down day I have possibly not been as occupied and this has triggered pain. I don’t fully know I am just guessing but I went from 6 days of improvement and now I have regressed the considerably this morning when I woke. Thankfully as the day has went on I have improved.

I have a bad habit of checking in and monitoring the pain. I did this last night. My pain has shifted from my back to me knee and when I lock me knee or fully extend it I get a sharp pain. I kept trying to connect to my emotions and then check for the pain again and obviously it was still there. It is as if I am almost addicted to searching for the pain just to monitor and see if still there. I need to stop as I know this is not helping my progress at all. It is a movement that I sometimes have to make maybe a couple of times a day but I can do this upwards of 20, 30 or 50 times on a bad day just because I want to check again and again if it is there so it clearly has my attention. I 100% believe in TMS but I have grown accustomed to searching for my pain and in turn causing myself anger and frustration each time I find it.

When I wake up with increased pain I have often been grinding my teeth when sleeping and this shows I am not fully at ease when I am in sleep mode. Today has been a good day considering how it started. I know TMS improvement is not linear so I need to stay positive which I have to admit I wasn’t to begin with however, in the past I would have let this control my whole day where as it only grasped hold of the first few hours of my morning before I hit the reset button and got motivated again.

I will keep updates coming along the way and will take any advice that others may have.

Thanks