1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by uccello1983, Apr 7, 2017.

1. uccello1983

uccello1983 New Member

Hi,

It's been a challenging week for me. I got the diagnosis from a TMS doctor but can't keep thinking the bodyworker who has been working on me for a while now did something wrong. He has helped somewhat but 2 weeks ago pushed on my femoral nerve so hard that since then there is a burning in my inner thigh and IT band. He says come back I'll do couple of free sessions but I am now scared of him. I catch myself throughout the day and talk to my brain but I still have doubts. Last night I went to a business event and was in so much pain I had to come home early. I told myself before going, just have fun but the pain distracted me. What should I do? Thanks.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I can understand your reluctance to see that bodyworker again. Maybe wait a week or more and see if the pains go away. Keep journaling to see if there are repressed emotions. Your doctor gave you an okay so there is nothing structurally wrong. You need to believe 100 percent in TMS and not even 1 percent that the bodyworker caused you to have pain.

MSZ812 likes this.
  3. uccello1983

uccello1983 New Member

the thing is the TMS doctor didn't review my MRIs and said not too walk too much or run for now and I think that's why I have some lingering doubts. when i asked him later why he didn't he said he thinks it's TMS but he can review them next time! Why do I even have to go and see him again? I feel taken advantage by the body worker and all these doctors that I have seen and it's like no one cares and they only want your money. I have been journaling going through my list. It was very emotional and I cried a lot. I think another fear is that I am starting a new job on Mon and thinking how I will manage with this pain. Thank you for getting back to me.