1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by katesadilla, Feb 14, 2017.

1. katesadilla

katesadilla New Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to write about my progress. This hasn't been an easy week. The first few days were so exhausting. It was like all my repressed feelings spilled over. I cried a lot as I realized all the things that I've tried so hard to bury. But, it is so freeing once you face your problems.

As I've written in my journal, I am becoming more self-aware. I'm realizing things and I'm getting closer to the root of my pain. It is so wonderful.

My pain comes and goes. For the most part I'm able to recognize what is causing it. It is usually a tantrum or two thrown by my kids, or guilt I have about not being enough. Once I feel the pain, and recognize it, I feel more in control. I haven't managed to make it go away, but I don't feel helpless anymore. I feel like I'm learning my triggers, and now I just need to learn how to manage my feelings when those triggers occur.

I'm so hopeful.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kate. This looks very good. You are getting a handle on the emotions causing your pain.

I am gong to post a new thread today about feelings. Many people have asked how to they get in touch with their feelings. You also may find it helpful.

3. katesadilla

katesadilla New Member

Thank you! I'll read it.