1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Watermelon, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

I think the biggest lesson that I am learning is that this is a journey not a destination. My pain did not go away after reading Dr. Sarno's book, but I am learning to incorporate his theories into my thinking and learning not to fear the pain. Everyone progresses at his/her own speed. I am questioning old assumptions and learning not to try so hard. I am journaling for the first time in my life, trying to be open to what unfolds, and to enjoy the process. I feel things starting to shift inside me and I like it. I find myself trying to identify my emotions every day instead of focusing on the pain. I am trying not to be so obsessed with recovery. I have faith that I will heal and be a better person for having had this experience.

MindBodyPT and hopeful_guitarist like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Watermelon. Your post shows that you have a very good handle on how to treat your pain and to be patient in healing. You're absolutely right that TMS is a journey and not destination. I am 86 and healed two years ago from severe back pain after learning about and reading Dr. Sarno's TMS book, Healing Back Pain. I found the SEProgram to be very helpful. It led me to discover anger and other emotions I had been repressing since I was seven and my parents divorced. In journaling, I came to understand my parents better and to forgive them. I realized they had their own TMS pain. They just didn't know it is called TMS. Keep up the great work and you will keep feeling better.

3. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

Thank you for the support!