1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by browndogisinthehouse, Mar 24, 2016.

1. browndogisinthehouse

browndogisinthehouse Peer Supporter

Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this? If you feel comfortable sharing, then post your response in a thread in the Structured Educational Program section of the PTPN's discussion forum. We would love to hear from you.

Journalling has been kind of therapeutic for me. In the sense that I discovered other issues that may also play a role. I don't know if I need to go over it and read again and again.

But with that said, since the major transforming events in my life happened 10 and 25 years ago, I really cannot feel the emotions when I write the journal. I can describe them without feelingb tye emotions

As I discovered supposedly minor issues, for example, run of the mill altercations at work, I realised that I was also much more stressful. at that time I just take it as part of Corporate life.

A psychologist whom I visited told me that perhaps I may have an intellectual insight but not an emotional Insight

She was wondering if I have got subconscious defenses. Well that just makes me go round in circles because essentially what we are saying is that the subconscious is playing some Evil game on me and I cannot figure it out. And the subconscious very well knowsthat I am financially bankrupt and yet it is happy to see me this way instead of exposing me to the emotional pain whatever it is.

That is something which I cannot fathom. And then there is an entire spiritual body of work which says that we are just perfect and God creations are beautiful. At this stage, it seems that God creation is working against itself.

In summary, thanks to the structured educational programs, I have become much more aware of emotions. However, now I am on a constant guard to see which emotion is going to secretly sabotage me. And then how are we supposed to Reconcile all of this with the spiritual beliefs that we have been brought up to believe